Sunday 9 February 2014

9 February 2014 Documentation

It's like the end of the world for me. I cant managed to put the composition to the center stage...

For Edge Animate, I am able to look for tutorials for parallax scrolling from youtube, which I just follow and the instruction and just using a line of code to make the parallax scrolling work for me.

In this tutorial, the author show steps to steps how to create the parallax scrolling event using Adobe Edge Animate by just using one line of simple code after importing the external library, the powerful Edge Common. I further read the documentation about this code library on EdgeDock to have a deeper understanding on how to use them properly. 

After some trial and error, I managed to do simple parallax scrolling hypercomic, but I another big problem I have face is I can't make my composition align to center when my stage width is set to 100%. The code introduce by Edge Common and even EdgeHero doesn't work for me and I can't manage to figure out what the problem behind this situation. 

I guess I just have to give up centering my composition.
What does the saying “Time is Gold” really meant?
People often use this saying to teach the young to seize the day and not to take time for granted.
Well, for me I truly feel the pain now!
First, I do not have gold. Secondly, even if I have 10K of gold now, this cannot buy me a few extra days in my life to do my project. 

I had been focusing a lot on the drawing. Being able to create your own comic is exiting and it gives me a big sense of accomplishment. I know that I need to balance the time allocated for both drawing and coding but the urge to complete the drawing triumph over the desire to do the coding most of the time. I guess this is the most painful lesson I have learnt from this few weeks of learning process.

References:
YouTube. 2013. Parallax Scrolling Made Easy (Adobe Edge Animate Online Week, Episode 9). [online] Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywbgHqc3C0M [Accessed: 07 Feb 2014]. Annotation: A very useful video teaching me how to do parallax scrolling in Edge Animate. I able to do it in the first try, but wonder why unable to do it again after I create second webpage. The video is a bit too long for me as I only want to know how to do the parallax scrolling.

Cdn.edgecommons.org. n.d. EdgeCommons CDN Overview. [online] Available at: http://cdn.edgecommons.org/ [Accessed: 08 Feb 2014]. Annotation: The Edge Common library found by me when looking for how to do the parallax scrolling in Adobe Edge Animate. A very powerful external .js to do parallax scrolling by using only single line of code.

Edgehero.com. 2013. Edgehero - Adobe edge Animate community. [online] Available at: http://www.edgehero.com/ [Accessed: 08 Feb 2014]. Annotation: An external library found by me when looking for ways to center my composition in Edge Animate. However, this is not very useful as the effect only applied on none animation object.

W3schools.com. 1999. CSS Tutorial. [online] Available at: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp [Accessed: 08 Feb 2014]. Annotation: A website recommended by one of my lecturer. Consist of tons of tutorial about HTML and CSS coding. The main side I look for when I found external library unable to center the composition for me.

Widjaja, S. 2013. Everything for Adobe Edge Animate, Edge Reflow and Edge Code | EdgeDocks.com. [online] Available at: http://www.edgedocks.com/ [Accessed: 8 Feb 2014]. Annotation: The EdgeDock is the website to introduce the function and feature of edge common. I learn most of the tutorials about using edge common here.

No comments:

Post a Comment