Monday 13 January 2014

13 January 2014 Documentation

From the lesson I have learnt last week, I have forced myself to start digitizing the as mush sketches as possible to show on today Work In Progress Presentation.

Before I start digitizing, I have looked for some tutorial and found one of them which is very useful to me:

I found this tutorial very useful because it is very comprehensive and able to create the sense of overlapping line by intersecting multiple brush together and delete the part that I don't need after expanding the brush stroke. It basically using Live Paint tool to cut the brush stroke into pieces, and then when you expand the live paint, you will be able to delete the part that you do not need by using direct selection tool. By using this method, I also able to save the line inking in one layer and do the live paint colouring on another copy layer so that when I need to modify the colour in the future, I will not accidentally modified the line inking.

By using these simple method, I have manage to create my digital artefact easily and finish digitizing 2 of the storyboard in just one week times. So here are the sketches that I have digitized:



I have divided the character into body and head to make them reusable for my future digitizing.

For the storyboard, I have manage to finish the the first page of it:
For Adobe Muse testing, I have found how to do basic parallax scrolling event by learning from this video:

This video basically teach me how to show different object parallax scrolling in different speed by adjusting the key position in the scroll effect of the element. However, I still think that using key position to do the parallax scrolling is a bit complicated for me.

References:
YouTube. 2013. Adobe Muse CC Parallax Scrolling Tutorial | Understanding Key Position. [online] Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OOLEztI-so [Accessed: 16 Jan 2014]. Annotation: The very first video I found on Youtube teaching me how to do parallax scrolling with understanding the scroll effect and key position of the element you want to apply the scroll event on.


YouTube. 2012. Ultimate Inking and Coloring Tutorial for Adobe Illustrator CS5 (short version). [online] Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5wW_65iAiU [Accessed: 01 Jan 2014]. Annotation: A very nice tutorial that teach me how to ink and color my pencil sketches faster and easier by using brush tool, expand the appearance, convert into live paint, expand the live paint and delete unwanted part with direct selection tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment