Tuesday 7 January 2014

7 January 2014 Documentation

So, today is the week 8 for my project production and I am sure that I already fall apart from my Gantt Chart schedule. Today, I had an interesting consultation with one of my lecturers.

Actually, she want to check my progress of project, so when I show her my completed storyboard, she was quite happy about it because I have finally finished the storyboard. However, when she refer to my Gantt Chart, she notice that I am totally fall behind from my Gantt Chart schedule, so she want to know why I can't catch up with the Gantt Chart that I have created.

After the consultation, she finally help me to analyse my problems. The main factor that make me to stop proceeding to digitize the pencil sketches is because I am afraid of error and imperfect. I always feel that the character poses of my storyboard are not perfect and need refinement, and thus keep delaying my progress of digitize the pencil sketches. In addition, I have quite a hard moment drawing the pencil sketches, so when it come to digitize them, I feel that digitize is much more harder than pencil sketches, causing me to scare and refuse to proceed unconsciously.

I feel very fortunate that I have such a good lecturer to help me figure out what my main problem is. If I remain this problem unsolved, I may face more difficulties in the future if I decided to be an designer. So, with her help, I start to analyse what I should do to overcome my problem. First and foremost, I should start digitize the sketches instead of continue thinking how difficult it is. Never try never know. I need to learn from trial and error to improve myself. Moreover, digitizing the sketches doesn't mean I can't modify the artwork any more. I can actually finish digitizing the sketches then only start modifying them when there are free times. Furthermore, my lecturer also advised me that I can do a college standard artefact first, and from the experience I have gain, slowly improve to professional level in the future. The most important thing is I must take the first step, then only can proceed to the second and following steps.

Stop thinking and start doing when I am stuck, this is the most valuable lesson I have learnt so far during my project production.

No comments:

Post a Comment