Tuesday 10 December 2013

10 December 2013 Documentation

As promised, I have try my best to create a new website UI design after revise all the feedbacks given by my lecturers yesterday. As they say I should look for references that are more relevant to cartoon and anime, I try to look for this kind of web design and here is a website that I found useful to inspired me: 20 Awesome Cartoon Themed Web Designs. At here, I look through all the cartoon themed web design and briefly know how a cartoonist web design should look like.

I have also looked for several references including anime and games about ninjas and found out that I actually can use ancient Japanese building with simple repeating background to create a simplicity concept UI interface. 



I start to drawing some sketches and look for specific reference on how to create my new website UI interface.


Here is how my new website UI look like:

As I just create this UI in just one day, it still looking rough but I just want to show my prototype idea to my lecturers. The feedback I get from my lecturers is I need to add more details onto the graphic. Details such as gradient, texture or symbols can further enhance the appearance of the graphic and I learnt from them that simplicity concept not necessary have to be simple colour and shape, but is more about how to play with the spaces within the layout and appearance of an element to catch users' attention immediately.

Well, that basically what I have done and learnt in one day. I am quite satisfy with the result, as from my lecturers comments, I know that I have slightly improve compared to my design yesterday.

Reference:
Phoenixstudios.co.uk. 2011. 20 Awesome Cartoon Themed Web Designs | Phoenix Studios Blog. [online] Available at: http://www.phoenixstudios.co.uk/blog/2011/03/14/20-awesome-cartoon-themed-web-designs/  [Accessed: 21 Nov 2013]. Annotation: This website found by me when looking for inspiration about cartoonist web design. Most of them are very beautiful, but the compositions are very complicated, which does not suite my concept of simplicity. However, I manage to find some of the examples using simplicity concept such as using vector graphics characters which can be my benchmark for producing my hypercomic website.

No comments:

Post a Comment