Tuesday 3 December 2013

3 December 2013 Documentation

It's the start of a new month, and the fifth week for my hypercomic production. This few days, I have been working on my storyline, finally finished a rough storyboard to show to my lecturers and discuss with them in class today. Here are the storyboard sketches that I have done within this few days:





In order to produce this storyboard, I actually study some research on story telling methods. After done some researches, I manage to find a theory that is easy to understand and normally can apply to most of the artefacts that content narrative elements. The theory that I have found is Freytag's Pyramid Plot Structure which use 5 different dramatic arcs: Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action and Conclusion to make a dramatic story.

Basically, my story is about 4 little ninjas that grew up together and showing their childhood friendship and also conflict at the beginning part, Exposition of the story. The Rising Action will be the day these 4 little ninjas recieved graduation test from the village head and carry out the test by wiping all the monsters on a particular mountain. The Climax of my story is when the boss appear and then evolved into stronger monster and cause the little ninjas fall into crisis situation. At this part is where the interaction elements of my hypercomic take place. The audiences are given different options and each decision they have made will lead to different outcome of the story. The Falling Action of my story is one of the little ninjas come back with the help of village head to save the other little ninjas. The Conclusion of the story is when the village head explain to the little ninjas that the purpose of the test is to let them realize the importance of friendship and teamwork on the same time learn from each other.

After discussed with my lecturers, they are satisfied with the interaction components of my hypercomic. However, they think that the storyline is too long, and worried that I am not able to finished in just few weeks more times. One of my lecturer actually suggest me to reduce the numbers of characters of my story so that I do not have to spend extra time on creating 4 main characters and on the same time can reduce the scale of my project. They also advised me to prepare the storyline earlier next time so that they can help me to scale the project earlier and let me have more time to develop the interactive elements of my project.

Reference:
Quickbase.intuit.com. 2012. An Online Resource Guide to Freytag's Pyramid | Intuit QuickBase. [online] Available at: http://quickbase.intuit.com/articles/an-online-resource-guide-to-freytags-pyramid [Accessed: 3 Dec 2013]. Annotation: This website teach me how to create a dramatic storyline using Freytag's Pyramid Plot Structure. It explain in very details that what should I do in 5 different dramatic arcs of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment